Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN??

abhi-adte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Friends, I am studding the DMVPN but one thing I stuck about below output. I marked (in bold/red) those key-words are, I didn't get can it.

Pls discussed to resolve my issue what is those meaning of keyword?

R2#sh ip nhrp detail
192.168.1.1/32 via 192.168.1.1, Tunnel2 created 00:22:02, never expire
  Type: static, Flags: used
  NBMA address: 10.1.1.1
192.168.1.3/32 via 192.168.1.3, Tunnel2 created 00:16:04, expire 01:43:55
  Type: dynamic, Flags: router implicit
  NBMA address: 30.1.1.1
    (no-socket)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Flags explanations:

router—Indicates that NHRP mapping entries for a  remote router (that is accessing a network or host behind the remote  router) are marked with the router flag.

implicit—Indicates that the local node learned  about the NHRP mapping entries from the source mapping information of an  NHRP resolution request received by the local router, or from an NHRP  resolution packet being forwarded through the local router.

(no socket)—Indicates that the NHRP mapping  entries will not trigger IPsec to set up encryption because data traffic  does not need to use this tunnel. Later, if data traffic needs to use  this tunnel, the flag will change from a "(no socket)" to a "(socket)"  entry and IPsec will be triggered to set up the encryption for this  tunnel. Local and implicit NHRP mapping entries are always initially  marked as "(no socket)."

Federico.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi,

Flags explanations:

router—Indicates that NHRP mapping entries for a  remote router (that is accessing a network or host behind the remote  router) are marked with the router flag.

implicit—Indicates that the local node learned  about the NHRP mapping entries from the source mapping information of an  NHRP resolution request received by the local router, or from an NHRP  resolution packet being forwarded through the local router.

(no socket)—Indicates that the NHRP mapping  entries will not trigger IPsec to set up encryption because data traffic  does not need to use this tunnel. Later, if data traffic needs to use  this tunnel, the flag will change from a "(no socket)" to a "(socket)"  entry and IPsec will be triggered to set up the encryption for this  tunnel. Local and implicit NHRP mapping entries are always initially  marked as "(no socket)."

Federico.