cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Anyconnect perform firewall actions?

nedaj.atn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody.

I had this Virtual machine on my windos 7 and I had many linuxs and also a winxp, they had internet connection perfectly by NAT on virtual machine and sharing the connection on windows 7.

I installed Cisco anyconnect vpn client and I had to un-share my internet connection for that to work properly. When I want to use my virtual XP I should share my connection again, BUT since I have installed annyconnect, my virtual pcs can't use internet anymore, even when I share my connection. I figured out that virtual xp pings up to my windows 7 ip address, and it doesn't go any further, even the gateway which win 7 is directly connected to, seems like my windows 7 doesn't let this connection to go out of win 7, it definately smells like firewall. Now I doubt that it might be something about this annyconnect, coz before installing this I didn't have such problem. and it is not only virtual xp, it's all of my virtual PCs.

I wish you got some answers for me, and thank you

2 Replies 2

rkumar5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Neda

Anyconnect with Internet connection sharing is not supported

ICS has to be disabled in order to use the Anyconnect.

HTH

Regards

Raj Kumar

Please rate all helpful posts

Hello Raj, Thanks for answering me, I have NO problem with Anyconnect, I have problem with virtual machin after installing Anyconnect... I have wroten my problem in the previous post