cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual ISP, one VPN works and the other does not route

Todd Vohs
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA5505 and have the Any-Connect setup so that I can use my iPhone or iPad and get to my internal Cisco VC240 IP Cameras as well as other devices in my network but they are the main reason I setup the VPN.  This works like a champ and I don't have to change the settings on the iPhone/iPad app when I am in the office or out of the office.

I have since added an additional ISP due to some other services on my network.  I am using the tracking feature of the ASA to track the route to one ISP and if it fails, the other ISP takes over the connection.  I copied the commands for the 1st ISP, changed the names to the second ISP and placed the commands into the ASA.  I can now connect via Any-Connect to either ISP on the iPhone/iPad.  If I connect to my latest ISP, I get connected but the ASA does not route traffic back to me.  My stats on the iPhone show data sent but none received.  I cannot ping any device, access my cameras, etc.  But when I connect to the other ISP, it works fine.

I didn't know if this is even possible with the ASA but would assume it would be as most everything works so it appears I am missing probably one small command and it would work on either.

Does anyone know if it is possible?  And if so, any idea on what might cause one to work and the other to not work?

Thanks, Todd Vohs Owner Holstein Ag Services, LLC
15 Replies 15

S    10.1.4.21 255.255.255.255 [1/0] via yyyy.yyyy.yyyy.yyyy, frontier

S    10.1.4.20 255.255.255.255 [1/0] via yyyy.yyyy.yyyy.yyyy, evertek

It looks like you use to have 2 static routes to different ISP with the same IP.

Could you please provide sh route output after fixing the problem. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: