Helpful
Replies

error in VPNcli

ibrahim_hassan
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i have an error "

Connect not available. Another AnyConnect application is running or this functionality was not requested by this application." when i trying to connect using command line with VPNcli.exe.

one concern is that according to Cisco document , the VPNcli.exe found on this path"

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client." but on my machine is it is found on"

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client"

any help please?

4 Replies 4

Jitendra Siyag
Level 1
Level 1
Connect not available. Another AnyConnect application is running or the 
functionality was not requested by this application.

Description    AnyConnect is connected in a diminished mode. This can be the result of a specific request by a custom application or because of another AnyConnect client already running.

Recommended User Response    Try restarting the computer or device, then try a new VPN connection.

got it from below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect25/user/messages/ac25-vpn-user-msgs.html

i tried to restart the machine but still not working

then i would suggest reinstaling the anyconnect client. if it does not work after that . then you should contact cisco TAC.

bgleason
Level 1
Level 1

I found that the VPNui.exe cannot be running at the same time if you plan to use the VPNCLI.exe... If you terminate the VPNui.exe, try the VPNcli again and let me know if that is successful for you... That is how I fixed it..

Thanks,
Brian