cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FDM SSL Certificate for AnyConenct

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi in FDM, if I want to use a SSL certificate for my WAN interface which is listening for AnyConnect incoming connections, how can I generate a CSR, I have seen some articles to use Open SSL, so if I generate a CSR by installing OpenSSL in my PC, and then get it signed from a public CA, what Trusted CA Certificate I have to move to the box? is it OPenSSL or Public CA?

Alos do I need to enable Enhanced key usage, Client and server authentication for the certificates? Ay other parameters I am missing?

Firepower 6.5.4, AnyConnect SSL VPN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, should do...but same as the ASA, currently you cannot generate a SAN certificate from FTD/FDM. You would have to use openssl to generate the CSR and then import the signed certificate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,
Yes, you can generate the certificate using openssl, then you get the CSR signed by the public CA. Then you need to import the signed identity certificate and the Public CA's Root certificate(s) via FDM.

Client and Server authentication should be fine, you don't need any additional parameters.

HTH

Thanks @Rob Ingram Any idea whether a SAN certificate will fit in here.

Yes, should do...but same as the ASA, currently you cannot generate a SAN certificate from FTD/FDM. You would have to use openssl to generate the CSR and then import the signed certificate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: