Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower FTD Anyconnect for a Cisco Phone VPN

alexb931
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to run a Cisco IP phone anyconnect VPN tunnel through an FTD as you can an ASA? I can only find documation for an ASA rather than a FTD. 

Thank you! 

6 Replies 6

Hi @alexb931 

Unfortuantely there isn't documentation/guides for all scenarios on the FTD. I imagine it would work, but I've never done it myself nor have I seen mention of it on here in the last few years. Give it a go, come back here if you have any issues.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since firepower new to the market in recent years, and yet to go long way the kind of requirement you have here...people start migrating like you may be from ASA to FP - they slowly become use cases for others.

As i mentioned this will be a use case, since ASA it working it should work as expected on FP too, since the underlay base of firewall and VPN features added (from ASA Lina ) with Next-generation features to NGFW.

i am keener to learn your outcome, or any issue or logs will give us the ability to understand the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

steeda
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone figured this out?

jjbaker
Level 1
Level 1

WTF, FTD has been out for 5 years and we still have no documentation on how to get this feature working. Expressway supports 2 lines of phones (78xx and 88xx). Most of our customers will be looking at other vendor solutions if they are told that all their existing phones are worthless. Just like UCM version 14 depreciating all the phones didn't go over well. Get your isht together Cisco.

steeda
Level 1
Level 1

It's now 2023. Does VPN Phone work with FTD?

yes, it works the same as with ASA