cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Remote Access VPN limit to AD group

Michael Proctor
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any good documentation out there to be able to limit users with access to the VPN to a specific group? Currently my system will allow ANY AD user to connect which is less than ideal.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Hi,
You can use a RADIUS server to authorise only users in a specific AD group.

How are you authenticating the users?
What version of FTD are you running?
Are you using FDM or FMC to manage the FTD?

I am using an AD realm with the user agent for AD.  FTD version 6.2.3.13 and I am using FMC.

Here is a decent document on what you are trying to do.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-ngfw/214283-configure-anyconnect-ldap-mapping-on-fir.html

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Herald Sison
Level 3
Level 3

Try this one. i just found out a minute ago and it worked pretty well you can also try this one.

first create a no access group policy with 0 simul session per user and create an access group policy 

I assigned the NO_ACCESS_GP group policy I made which prevents users to access vpn to the default policy of the Tunnel Group that I made which is the Employees tunnel group then i target the VPN_Users security group from AD in the ldap attribute maps and use the RAVPN_GP so users that belong to that ldap attribute map are the ones who are allowed to access the VPN.

1.jpg2.jpg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: