cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

force dialer interface down

martinbuffleo
Level 1
Level 1

Can I force dialer interface down until some one dials in?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure why you would want to do this. Is there a reason to force the dialer down? There are some reasons why Cisco set up the dialer to be always up, such as having its subnet present in the routing table. What are you trying to achieve?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

martinbuffleo
Level 1
Level 1

The router is configured as a hub VPN sever for my mobiles users.

I don't have the option for dynamic routing due to the remote end.

Primary connection is ip for mobile users. But if they can't use ip for any reason I want them to come in via Isdn.

The hub needs to route ip unless it sees that the remote has come in via Isdn. I have considered a gre tunnel on the Isdn but that's over heads I'd prefer to avoid.

You have given some additional information about the router. But you still have not given any explanation of why you want to force the dialer down.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

martinbuffleo
Level 1
Level 1

I want the dialer in a down state until a user connects then the dialer for that user can come up. When it comes up that would change the routing table to say their subnet is down the dialer rather than out the default gateway.

I do not know of a way to do what you want. And I would be a bit concerned that if you do force the dialer to be down that it might not be able to respond if a user does dial in.

The closest thing that I can think of is the possibility of writing an EEM script that would check for the user and be able to then bring up the dialer.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: