Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP: VPN established properly but unable to access my resources

mvprezbaisa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Here is my problem, i established the vpn connection properly to my two different site (site a and site b). from site a, i can ping the private ip of the server (a shared computer server) on site b. but the thing is i can't access the files/resources to this server. what should i do?

Thanks

Vhinz

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you can ping the server from site A towards site B, that means the VPN tunnel itself is up and running.

You might want to look into other cause why you can't access files/resources on this server.

How are you trying to access the file/resources? by ip address or by hostname or domain name? if you try by ip address, does it work? is there any firewall that might be blocking the access? does the server itself have firewall that might be blocking access?

Also are there any administrative restrictions from anyone accessing those files (are permissions granted)?

Jennifer,

If the vpn is working fine, then why i can't access my other router (RV016) on site b here at site a using its private ip (192.168.2.xxx)?

HI Melvin,

If you rae facing issues iwth your RV016 router, you should get better responses if you post your question here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business

Regards,

Prapanch