cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with setting up VPN connections

tmickle
Level 1
Level 1

I am rather new to setting up VPN connections especially on Cisco equipment. I need to setup about 10 users to be able to VPN into our network and use the HP Mainframe (telnet) and W2K ADS Network (file server, and possibly email).

The only authentication service I have is a W2k server that I can setup for RADIUS support if need be.

Here is my situation:

PIX 515E

W2K enviroment

40 internal users that use the internet

10 users that need VPN access

1 ip avaiable for VPN access (I have 5 but they are being used nby other services email and etec)

The 10 users will be connecting via the itnernet.

Does anyone have any good resources that I could use to get this all setup. Either online or any good books that you have bought that will walk me through all this. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2 Replies 2

vijkrish
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

cmisysadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have to use RADIUS? You could setup password authentication directly through the Pix. Then you could use the Cisco secure vpn client to establish a vpn connection to the Pix and have the Pix authenticate your users. This seperates the Vpn password from the Windows user password. Cisco publishes this information via their website, but I'd be happy to share our working vpn code configuration via email if you're interested.

It works like a champ!