Views
Helpful
Replies

How EZVPN client get its subnet mask

andre.frost
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my environment makes it necessary that client version 4.0.3 gets a 24 bits subnet mask for the virtual interface which is given an address from a 10.0.0.0/24 pool from the PIX. I tested with VPN3000 too but client assigns a 8bit mask itself. So I cannot access the other 10.0.0.0 subnets on client site hence the routing problem.

In debugs I found out that client not requests a subnet mask (no INTERNAL_IPV4_NETMASK requested in mode config).

Is it right that it is not possible to assign the client a subnet mask from EZVPN concentrator device or are there solutions?

Thanks

Andre

1 Reply 1

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

vpn clients should get a /32 subnet mask - 255.255.255.255, or, whatever the SM of the inside interface is. I get a /32 statement for the outside 3000 interface, and the appropriate subnet mask for the inside one. This is with 4.02b on my laptop. I doubt 4.03 should be different

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: