cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add new ASA's to AnyConnect profile for seamless migration

N3t W0rK3r
Level 3
Level 3

We recently added a pair of HA ASA's to our internet edge and I now want to seamlessly integrate this new headend into the profiles of existing AC users.

I proceeded to duplicate the profile from the existing ASA and added the two new entries (IPSec and SSL) to the sever list.  Now both ASA's have the exact same profile installed for the clients.

This is working for the most part, but I'm not seeing as many clients move over to the new ASA as expected. The new one is at the top of the server list in the updated profile.

Somehow the preferences.xml file is play a role here and hanging on to previous session information.

So my question is, how can I now force users to ignore their preferences and connect to the new default headend ASA?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One suggestion if  the profile based on DNS FQDN, so put your New ASA DNS Entries as top priority,

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, my headend ASA's are referenced by FQDN and I already have listed in the profile according to priority, if that's what you mean.

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

In order to come up with a functional solution, long term, provide the following information:

- how many ASA's (HA pair is considered 1 ASA) do you totally have and how many AnyConnect Licenses do you have

- does a single ASA support all sessions? Is this what you want or want some kind of balancing of the sessions

- are all ASA's in the same location, geographically speaking, in the same place in the network

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: