cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get an Anyconnect client to test with my newly obtained demo APEX license

ejacobs01
Level 1
Level 1

I've just received a demo license for AnyConnect Apex and have installed it on my test firewall (ASA 5510). But I would need an AnyConnect client to test this with. How can I get one?

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you download from here?

If not, please check with the source from which you were provided the demo license.

Not really. I apparently need a real license

Hello ejacobs01,  

You would probably would like to open a TAC case and state to the TAC engineer that you have a demo APEX license and you would like to test the software.
They will check that the license is indeed installed on the ASA and they will publish the image on your Cisco.com account for download. (anyconnect-win-4.1.06013-k9.pkg) for example.

Hello,

Please anyone answer for my question. Is anyconnect 4 (plus/apex) supported on legacy CIsco ASA platform(5520/5510)? And what requirements to ASA to support anyconnect release 4?

AnyConnect 4 is supported on the legacy ASA platform.

The only thing you won't get are any of the remote access VPN enhancements introduced post-9.1 (the last release for those older appliances). That would include things such as ISE CoA, support for ECDHE-ECDSA ciphers, etc.

Other that that, you can run AnyConnect 4.x Plus or Apex licenses just fine - even on ASA 8.x.

Thanks Marvin for information you provided.

Did you see any documentation or url link where was mentioned about supported platforms?

Your question was specifically addressed in Cisco SE training . :)

The AnyConnect 4.1 release notes allude to the support restrictions but don't explicitly confirm it like I did. Reference.

:) I believe you had such experience that's why you can confirm this information. I also trust your information. But it would be better to see clear phrase in official docs about supported platform))

Thanks for information. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: