cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IKE Config on ASA 9.1/ASDM7.1

CCFHayer1
Level 1
Level 1

I am not seeing the IKE Policy configuration screens while configuring IPSEC VPN on ASA 5510. (Using ver 9.1(1) / ASDM 7.1)

following the wizard after step 8, I am expecting the screen where you configure DES/3DES ,etc the screen does not show up - Have the right (3DES) licence.

If anyone else has experienced this - please help.

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have the same software/ASDM versions on my ASA.

I tried the IPsec Client Wizard and previewed the CLI format configurations it was about to insert to the ASA. They didnt contain any of the IKEv1 policys and I kind of wonder that also.

I cant say the reason why it doesnt create those. To my understanding it used to create alot of basic policys when you used the Wizard to configure the first IPsec Client configuration on the firewall.

On the other hand, if you can give me the parameters I can provide you with the CLI format of the Phase1 configuration that you can even "drop" to the device from the Tools -> Command Line Interface section of the ASDM menu.

- Jouni

Thanks Jouni,

Working with cisco support I was shown how to "correctly" config it via ASDM

config > remote access vpn >network client access > advanced > ipsec > crypto maps

then edit them  > > take out all and just put in the parameters you want 3DES/AES 256 DH-2 for xample.

Problem solved .thanks.......

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: