Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing AnyConnect using Windows 10 Golden Image

ksastoqu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team,

I'm working with a customer that is trying to create a new windows 10 default/golden image golden including Cisco AnyConnect (posture, vpn and NAM), after testing the Cisco AnyConnect on the new Windows image it was not successful.

The reason apparently is that Cisco AnyConnect is looking for Windows OS installed & network connectivity to be present during its installation. But during the image process the Windows OS is still not complete and the network is not yet define since it still in process of imaging.

Is there a way or a package we can download to put in the new image and can be installed after the windows is setup?

1 Reply 1

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have encountered similar issues with deploying NAM. In our environment we use AnyConnect VPN, ISE Posture, NAM, and SBL. I would recommend packaging everything but NAM into the image, and making NAM a part of your post image installation instructions before full deployment. If possible you could use Software Center/SCCM to allow admins to properly install NAM and add your respective profile that supports your unique environment. If you come up with a better way please let the community know as I am sure there are others with the same issue.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: