cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip nhrp shortcut command not found & not work after write it under tunnel in ISR4321/K9

saif
Level 1
Level 1

Dears sir 

kindly ,we have issue strange in dmvpn with ISR4321/K9 describes as below  software version 

spoke (ISR4321/K9)

-----------------------
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.09.02
Cisco IOS Software [Fuji], ISR Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 16.9.2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)
licensed under the GNU General Public License ("GPL") Version 2.0. The
software code licensed under GPL Version 2.0 is free software that comes
GPL code under the terms of GPL Version 2.0. For more details,

i need to activate DMVPN phase 3 after configure ip nhrp shortcut in spoke router under tunnel  it accept it but when we do 

sh run int tunnel x we missing command & when send direct spoke -spoke traffic after enable summarization in hub under eigrp 

we missing also nhrp route in spoke indicate dmvpn phase 3 working 

note :

ip nhrp redirect is exist in show interface tunnnel x in hub router & by the way  we use following ASR 

hub router (ASR1001-X )
-------------------

ASR-MOI-HQ1#sh version | in Version
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.09.02
Cisco IOS Software [Fuji], ASR1000 Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 16.9.2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)
licensed under the GNU General Public License ("GPL") Version 2.0. The
software code licensed under GPL Version 2.0 is free software that comes
GPL code under the terms of GPL Version 2.0. For more details, see the

21 Replies 21

dear sir

kindly ,find your request 

dear sir 

kindly find routing table hub,spoke1,2

Your spoke routers only have static routes to the hub router's outside interface, not the other spoke router. The only default route they have is learnt over the DMVPN tunnel, so that won't work.

Define static routes to the other spoke router's outside interface or better still use VRF on the outside interface. Example here.

gdlfgdjflgm.png

here 
green orange can summary to 10.0.0./16 "or high superNet"

each spoke tunnel destination must reachable from other spoke, can do that by 
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ISPinterface

that it check this.

dear MHM 

Kindly,  Iam not tested yet but logically you are right NBMA is the address that must reach from every one 

only path for NBMA between spokes is default provided by DMVPN tunnel

you are smart person ..

Thanks for your words friend 

and your are so so welcome 

@saif What was the reason the ip nhrp shortcut was not visible in running config? I am experiencing the same problem, but I am using different routing protocols for underlay and overlay. The NBMA addresses are pingable but I still cannot see ip nhrp shortcut in the running config of spokes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: