Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC VPN between two like networks

gregs-kennedy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello --

For the past few days I have been banging my head against the wall with this problem.

I have two IP networks that have the same IPs that I need to create an IPSEC tunnel between.

Here is a crude diagram:

192.168.1.0/24--[cisco 1920]--Internet--[cisco RV082]--192.168.1.0/24

I know I need to do some kind of NAT,but from what I've been poking around in the RV082 it doesn't look like it can do it.

One way I tried to get this to work is like this:

192.168.1.0/24--[cisco 1920]--Internet--[cisco RV082]-192.168.33.0/24-[Belkin N300 consumer router]--192.168.1.0/24

But once I changed the Belkin's LAN IP to 192.168.1.1/24 I lost connectivity to it's "WAN" port, I was pinging it from the LAN side of the 1920. (I think it was trying to route traffic over it's LAN port even though it came over it's WAN port)

Does anyone have some pointers to get me going in the right direction?

Thanks,

Greg Smythe                 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeet Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

If you have same subnet on both the ends then yes you are right the NAT is the only option. You need to do the NAT on both the devices. As you said that RV can't do that i don't think so you have any othe roption than to change the subnet on one of the end. Which is not an easy option

Thanks

Jeet

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jeet Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

If you have same subnet on both the ends then yes you are right the NAT is the only option. You need to do the NAT on both the devices. As you said that RV can't do that i don't think so you have any othe roption than to change the subnet on one of the end. Which is not an easy option

Thanks

Jeet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: