Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it necessary to have the pkg files for Anyconnect VPN on the firewall

marcus.prevent
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an ASA 5505 and we are using Anyconnect client to connect to our VPN not the "Clientless" method.

Well, I don't have so much space on the flash and I need it for an upgrade of the ASA image.

So, do I must have the .pkg file for the Anyconnect? I also have a file "csd_3.5.2008-k9.pkg" for Secure Desktop, we are not using that, is it safe to remove that file from the flash?

Kind Regards,

Marcus

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Marcus

If you are not using Secure Desktop then it should certainly be safe to remove its file from flash. I am less clear about the implications of removing the AnyConnect pkg file. I know that the ASA wants to check any incoming connection to see if the incoming request is at least as new as the version running on the ASA. I am not clear whether it needs the file to be in flash to be successful. And it certainly means that if anyone wanted to load the AnyConnect client or upgrade the version of the AnyConnect client that it would not work. I encourage you to look for some other way to free up space in flash.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

It seems to be ok, I asked the support and it was OK to delete the AnyConnect packages in my case, so to speak. Because I don't use the update function from the firewall, I'll send packages (msi-files) through a deployment system to upgrade.

Thanks.

Noid

Hi Marcus,

It is mandatory to have Anyconnect .pkg bundle on Firewall to support Anyconnect VPN client. I would not recommend to delete this.

Regards,

Tushar Bangia

Note - Please do rate the post if you find it helpful!!

Oooh, I read the support message again, It was just the csd that was safe to remove, my bad.

Ok, cool. Then, Can i put the anyconnect.pkg file's on a USB-stick or so? Because my flashdisk is almost full, because I have to have the pkg for, Windows, Linux and OSX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: