cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is multilinking possible bet leased line & isdn

dataline
Level 1
Level 1

Is multilinking possible bet leased line & isdn bri?

presently i hv 2 different leased lines of 64 K on a single router.also i hv a isdn bri.i hv multilinking with 2 leased lines.If i want to add bri into multilink group,will it be possible? OR any other possible solution to combine isdn bri with leased lines?

6 Replies 6

kayih
Level 1
Level 1

You can't put a bri interface and 2 serial interface in the same bundle.

however, I think that you should be able to make load sharing between your multilink (serial) and your bri interface. Dynamic routing is needed.

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Multilink group is allowed only for ppp leased lines. BRI interface are DDR interfaces. So DDR interfaces can't be included in a multilink-group. So is the reason you can't mix DDR and leased lines in a multilink bundle.

Dear Tejal,

Thanks for your help. But in the post u mentioned that PPP leased lines.Thats true but will it be possible to combine 2 serial links having PPP encap with a bri which is not DDR .i mean to say that if i adopted a permanet bri connection .(with the help of dyanamic protocol like RIP)??

Thanks in advance.

Arun..BRI is treated as DDR capable dialup line. So even though using upper layer protocols (layer 3), multilinking is still not possible at layer 2 between leased line and dialup line.

Dear Tejal,

Thanks for ur help. I got it now.Again thnx u hv solved my query.

Dear Tejal,

can i have your mail id?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: