cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is site to site and remote VPN possible with 1841

snorock99
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 1841 that I set up to do site to site VPN between my company's network and an external network.  This has a backup connection point.  All works well including automatically failing over to the backup site.

We also want to be able to VPN remotely to our company's network using the same 1841.

I have tried many different ways to configure this, but the best I had resulted in an external VPN request taking down the site-to-site link.

Is this possible, and can someone point me in the right direction?

Our internet connection is through an ADSL router set up with pasthrough, then into the Cisco 1841 which does the dialer PPPOE authentication.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tony

I have done lots of site to site VPNs on 1841 routers and they work very well. I have not done Remote Access VPN on 1841 so I can not provide an example that works. But I believe that it should be very possible to have both site to site and Remote Access VPN on the same router.

To do Remote Access VPN you need to use the same crypto map for site to site and Remote Access and you need to configure a dynamic map entry for the crypto map. The sequence number for the dynamic map needs to be higher than the sequence number for the site to site entry.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

cashqoo
Level 1
Level 1

are you asking if it is possible to run both a l2l vpn and remote access vpn are running on the same router?

if so, it should be possible.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_configuration_example09186a00809c7171.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: