cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN/ANALOGUE DIAL-UP to customers

meganckk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we want to implement a new environment for remote support to different customers (varying from small KMO to huge firms)

At this moment we are using a DIVA server card which can handle the analogue/isdn connections.

I thought of using a ISR router (2811) with ISDN card.

I was wondering can this handle also the analogue dial-ups?

Can it handle dial-ups to ordinary modems (not always routers at customer side). Most of the time we make connections to customers based only on username/password without even knowing to what type of device we are connecting.

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

2811 does support isdn BRI and PRI line but currently no internal analog modem support. You can use external modem using NM-16A card with 16 external modems to dialout to customers.

2651XM is the best choice with internal modem card like NM-16AM and BRI lines.

because we also have IPSEC connections, I thougt of using an ISR.

Any ideas for this environment? Or should you recommend to split up dial-up connections and IPSEC connections ?

because I'm not used to make ISDN connections with a router - is there somewhere a good link ?

Can ISDN connections be made to a regular ISDN modem (not a router) ?

Our distributor offered me an WIC-2AM (in fact for the 2600) but he told me it was compatible.

Is this correct ?

If so is there no card for the 2600 that can do both ISDN and PSTN dialup ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: