Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a very perplexing issue.

Side A - ASA 5510

Side B - Cisco 891

Side B initiates connection,

Phase 1 settings

Pre-Share, AES-256, DH Grp 5, Hash - SHA, Lifetime - 28800.

Now there wasn't a IKE policy to this value on the ASA, so I added one (see screenshot).

And the remote end added / changed their phase 1 to match the default entries at the Side A (ASA) end.

But all we get on the ASDM log is the second screen shot saying about mis-match on configured policies.

Any one any ideas as to what's wrong.

Many Thanks

Stephen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So far if you are able to get far end site is fine.Atleast you can ask what is the other end configuration for UK tunnel.

Also based on logs DH group 5 is coming and Group 2 is configured try to change that might fix your issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Please post both end configuration.

Hi there,

Thanks for the interest, before I get hold of the config's. (One is a separate company and they may not give me their side of things.) I have had a thought.

The A end is in the UK, and the B end is in Auz (Sydney).

Could there be latency issues with the phase exchange, and if so, can anything be done to alter the timers ?

Thanks

Stephen

So far if you are able to get far end site is fine.Atleast you can ask what is the other end configuration for UK tunnel.

Also based on logs DH group 5 is coming and Group 2 is configured try to change that might fix your issue.

Hi there,

Believe it or not, this issue is caused by the request being sent back to the originator on the wrong port.

There were a few firewall inbetween, and one wasn't set to use NAT-T, so I'm told.

When amended all worked wonderfully well.

Stephen Carter
Level 1
Level 1

To those that read this post, I actually resolved the issue myself. See previous post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: