Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with S2S vpn on Cisco ASA 5506

nice2michu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having an issue setting up S2S VPN on our new ASA 5506 model. When I try to add the vpn via the wizard, I get an error if I choose "inside" on the NAT exempt page. The error is below.

VPN and AnyConnect

[OK] access-list outside_cryptomap line 1 extended permit ip object Subnet_3 object-group Head_Office_Group 
[OK] group-policy GroupPolicy_X.X.X.X attributes
      group-policy GroupPolicy_X.X.X.X attributes
[ERROR] no split-tunnel-all-dns
Command failed
[OK] exit
[OK] tunnel-group  X.X.X.X   ipsec-attributes
      tunnel-group  X.X.X.X   ipsec-attributes
[OK] ikev2 local-authentication pre-shared-key **********
[OK] ikev2 remote-authentication pre-shared-key **********
[OK] crypto map outside_map 4 match address outside_cryptomap
[OK] clear configure access-list outside_cryptomap_4
[ERROR] nat (inside,outside) 5 source static Subnet_3 Subnet_3 destination static Head_Office_Group Head_Office_Group no-proxy-arp route-lookup

nat (inside,outside) 5 source static Subnet_3 Subnet_3 destinati           ^on static Head_Office_Group Head_Office_Group no-proxy-arp route-lookup

ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

However, if I choose for example "inside1" or "inside2", the wizard will complete but I can only vpn to that interface.

Our service providers set up the firewall initially and I have noticed that our other two firewalls that use S2S vpn without issue (both ASA 5505's) are set up in the interface area as a VLAN. This ASA 5506 has been set up as a Bridge Group. So on the 5505 we just have an inside and an outside. This 5506 has an inside, an outside, and then inside1, inside2, inside3, etc.

I'm not sure how to resolve this. Do I need to re-setup the firewall from scratch using the VLAN option (I can't see a way to change from bridge group to VLAN so not sure if this is even possible on this model). Or is there some other way to get the S2S working so that I can connect to all insideX interfaces?

Thanks in advance for any guidance that you can provide!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
So the issue is it won't take the nat commands if you use the bridge group nameif "inside". Why not create multiple nat entries for each of the real inside interface names.

nat (inside1,outside) ..................
nat (inside2,outside) ..................
nat (inside3,outside) ..................

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,
So the issue is it won't take the nat commands if you use the bridge group nameif "inside". Why not create multiple nat entries for each of the real inside interface names.

nat (inside1,outside) ..................
nat (inside2,outside) ..................
nat (inside3,outside) ..................

HTH

Thank you very much. The answer was so simple! Thanks again for your help!

Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: