Views
Helpful
Replies

L2L VPN issue on specific PCs

joe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a L2L VPN (1721 Router to 3005 Concentrator) that has been working flawlessly for six months. Prior to the L2L, the five clients at the remote office were all connecting to the concentrator using the Cisco VPN Client. This week I needed to add a workstation and i had a tremendous amount of problems with it. Some examples are: it would connect to my Exchange Server, but then would give an error that my Exchange server was unavailable if I tried to do anything. I also could not map a drive to a network share unless i used the Ip address of the server (even though i could ping the server-name). I compared everything against the workstations that work perfectly, and the only difference was that they still had the VPN Client software installed. (The client was not running, but the "deterministic network enhancer" was loaded. Out of sheer desperation, I installed the client and the PC workd perfectly.

Does anyone know what I should look for in my L2L configuration to prevent me from needing to install the VPN client?

Thank you all in advance!!!!!

2 Replies 2

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

Strange problem!

If your using L2L then you have no need for the client at all, but I'm sure you already know that.

The only problem I've had when a workstation has the VPN client loaded is to do with the built in firewall. Even if the client isnt connected or loaded, connections to that workstation fail until the client is either stopped in admin tool / services, or removed altogether.

I know this is the reverse of the problem you see, have you tried removing the client altogether from one of the working workstations?

Andy

No, I haven't, but I will and i will get back to you.