cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Login to remote router across site-to-site VPN?

jclark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks.  I'm an IT services consultant.  I have several distinct client networks configured with site-to-site VPNs on SA520 routers.  The VPN runs great but I can never seem to log in to the remote router from one site to the other.  To clarify, if I'm at site A, I cannot log in to the router at site B across the VPN tunnel, or vice-versa.  I get the prompt about the invalid certificate, which I accept, then I get a never-ending "page loading" or "waiting for..." indicator in my browser.  The router's login page never loads, even after 10 minutes or more.

I'd love to be able to administer the remote router from the local site, especially since some of these remote sites are hundreds of miles away from their respective local offices.

My questions are these:

Am I the only one?  Any body else find this behavior?  I can perform this same operation with other vendor's equipment, so I don't think it's a fundamental networking issue.  Is there a known solution?

Thanks so much for any help, I'd really appreciate some insight here.

-Justin

4 Replies 4

apothula
Level 1
Level 1

It is possible we might be missing something in the configuration.

Please provide us a sanitized copy, so that we can review and let you know what needs to be done,

Cheers,

Nash.

apothula
Level 1
Level 1

It is possible we might be missing something in the configuration.

Please provide us a sanitized copy, so that we can review and let you know what needs to be done,

Cheers,

Nash.

Hi, thanks for the reply.  These SA520 units do not output a human-readable configuration.  The config backups are a CFG file, which when viewed as text is not very friendly at all....  Any other ideas?  I could sanitize one and provide it if you wish, but I suspect it isn't the type of config you are expecting.

-JC

JC,

Are you trying to access the remote Router using the private IP or the Public IP.

Also, the SA 520 is an SMB class device and you should get better support from the Small Business Routers
Small Business Security sections of the forum.

Cheers,

Nash.