Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Memory consumed by one VPN session

Hi,

I would like to know that how would I find the memory usage for one VPN session. Be it site to site or client to site etc.

--Rajiv

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommy Alexander
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There are two types of memory used, one is processor memory for control plane , for tracking the session #, ike sa, ipsec sa, and other is i/o memory for packets coming in and going out.

The processor memory again can change depending on how many ipsec sa you have, # of ACLs used etc, so there is no easy way of tracking this, other than looking at memory utilization before and after, and again that may not be very accurate.You may able to look at process memory utilization.

The same with i/o memory, which is generally transient where packets come in and go .

What are trying to use this for ? Just curious

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Tommy Alexander
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There are two types of memory used, one is processor memory for control plane , for tracking the session #, ike sa, ipsec sa, and other is i/o memory for packets coming in and going out.

The processor memory again can change depending on how many ipsec sa you have, # of ACLs used etc, so there is no easy way of tracking this, other than looking at memory utilization before and after, and again that may not be very accurate.You may able to look at process memory utilization.

The same with i/o memory, which is generally transient where packets come in and go .

What are trying to use this for ? Just curious

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: