cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Minimum hardware for VPDN scenario (LAC&LNS)

alvarodcf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've need help with hardware platform selection for vpdn scenario. This deployment will serve up to 20 users max. Can anyone say me which is the minimum router platform and IOS version to use for LAC? And for LNS?

Thank you.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

28XX and 29XX don't need SEC License, 880 can handle it too, but I'm not sure if plain license is ok.

Michael

Please rate all helpful posts

Michael Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Muenz
Level 5
Level 5

What is the estimated throughput? 20 user with 6Mbit ADSL should fit an old 3640 router.

Better would be a 2821 or 2921.

Michael

Hi Ciscomax,

Thaks for your reply.

Estimated throughput may be up to 100/10Mb. This is the wan access provided by our ISP.

I think that 28xx/29xx routers are more than I need. These platforms are running as LNS for more than 100 users in another site.

I want to know if anyone is using any 800/1900 series router for LNS. And what about the IOS version, will sec/k9 needed?

Best regards.

28XX and 29XX don't need SEC License, 880 can handle it too, but I'm not sure if plain license is ok.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: