Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple dsl connections in Single Router

gerard.oconnor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to terminate two dls connections to the same provider in a single router. I have two HWIC interfaces in the Router. The router is a Cisco 1841 series.

When the dsl line is connected to Slot 0, router is connects without issue. When I connect to the HWIC is Slot 1, the dsl continues to terminate in on Dialer 1 which is bound to the HWIC in Slot 0.

The following is a snip of the config:

!

interface ATM0/0/0

no ip address

no atm ilmi-keepalive

dsl operating-mode auto

pvc 8/35

pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

!

!

interface ATM0/1/0

no ip address

no atm ilmi-keepalive

dsl operating-mode auto

pvc 8/35

pppoe-client dial-pool-number 3

!

!

!

interface Dialer1

ip address negotiated

encapsulation ppp

ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

no ip mroute-cache

dialer pool 1

dialer remote-name isp-1-instance1

dialer-group 1

ppp authentication chap callin

ppp chap hostname isp-name-here-1

ppp chap password 7 1234567

!

interface Dialer2

ip address negotiated

encapsulation ppp

ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

no ip mroute-cache

dialer pool 3

dialer remote-name isp-1-instance2

dialer-group 3

ppp authentication chap callin

ppp chap hostname isp-name-here-2

ppp chap password 2345678

!

If anyone has any suggestions as it relates to the above, I would really welcome suggestions.

Thanks,

Ger.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think the problem is in your "interface ATM0/1/0" which you have the line "pppoe-client dial-pool-number 3 " but you don't have the specific dialer interface which should be "interface Dialer3" when it can't find it, it uses "interface Dialer1". Try changing "pppoe-client dial-pool-number 3" to "pppoe-client dial-pool-number 2" in "interface ATM0/1/0"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think the problem is in your "interface ATM0/1/0" which you have the line "pppoe-client dial-pool-number 3 " but you don't have the specific dialer interface which should be "interface Dialer3" when it can't find it, it uses "interface Dialer1". Try changing "pppoe-client dial-pool-number 3" to "pppoe-client dial-pool-number 2" in "interface ATM0/1/0"

Hi,

That worked perfectly. Many Thanks for your Help,

Regards,

Gerard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: