Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple IP-SEC Tunnels

Create Share
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I need to create multiple ip-sec vpn tunnels on A Cisco 837 ADSL Router. I am able to create one tunnel but the second connection is asking for the outside interface which is atm and already taken by the first tunnel. How can i create more tunnels?

Secondly, after creating the first tunnel i am able to access the remote lan network but when i tried tracert "remote lan ip of a pc" from my pc i got "request timed out" after passing my 837 but succeeded to reach the target. Does tracert needs something to be opened in the router?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) To create multiple IPSec tunnel on the same router, just re-use the same crypto map name, however, for the second tunnel, just configure a different sequence number for the same crypto map name. You can only apply 1 crypto map to an interface, however, you can have multiple sequence number confiugred on the same crypto map for multiple vpn tunnels.

2) Yes, because the traffic is encrypted through the VPN tunnel, you would be seeing that.

OK Thank.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: