Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple VLANs a home office to different locations, same subnet

joe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All and tahnks for reading my question

I have a home office with multiple VLANS/subnets  I have many VPNs that connect only a specific subnet to a specific remote offfice. 

On a 5520, can I create a S2S VPN to different remote offices that have the same IP scheme, but from different home office subnets?   For example at my home office let's say I have two independant, distinct VLAN/subnets:  192.168.140.0/24 and 192.168.150.0/24.  Can I create an S2S from the 140 subnet to a remote office with a 10.10.10.0 addressing scheme and another S2S from the 150 subnet to a totally different office also with a 10.10.10.0 scheme? 

1 Reply 1

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To be honest this is something that I have never tried.

My first gut feeling would be that this would cause somekind of problems but on the other hand it would seem logical if the source network on your side for both L2L VPN connections is different then the ASA should be able to forward the connections correctly.

Though this is something that would require some testing to confirm.

Generally I would suggest asking the remote end to NAT their overlapping network for the L2L VPN connections so there wont be any special setups just for some connections on your end.

- Jouni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: