cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help Routing WAN IP across Site to Site VPN

n00789001
Level 1
Level 1

Okay so I have minimal ASA experience so please dumb things down for me a little bit. I have a currently working site to site VPN between 2 cisco ASA 5505's to which I control. Data is passing from LAN to LAN across the VPN perfectly. I currently have a working SIP phone system in place at site 1. I am trying to add site 2 to the same phone system. ALL SIP traffic must enter and exit from site 1. So when I place an outbound call from site 2, it must traverse the VPN to site 1 and then exit site 1 to the SIP carrier. Obviously when it returns, it must return to site 1 and site 1 needs to send that traffic back across the VPN to site 2. How do I get the particular public SIP IP address to go across the VPN instead of just out to the regular internet? 

I have been using the ASDM packet tracer to test this and it passes all the way through Type - NAT >>> Action - ALLOW  and fails at Type - VPN >>> Subtype - encrypt >>> Action - Drop.

RESULT - The packet is dropped

Input Interface: inside - Link Up - Link Up

Output Interface: outside-(comcast) - Link Up - Link Up

Info: (acl-drop) Flow is denied by configured rule

I am received several errors from the ASA such as:

ASA-3-713902: Group = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, IP = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, QM FSM error (P2 struct &0xcb0d8530, mess id 0x537a455b)!

ASA-3-713902: Group = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, IP = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,Removing peer from correlator table failed, no match!

<163>%ASA-3-713061: Group = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, IP = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, Rejecting IPSec tunnel: no matching crypto map entry for remote proxy 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/6/0 local proxy XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/255.255.255.255/6/0 on interface outside-(comcast)

Please help!!!!

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will need to add the public SIP address to the crypto map, the twice nat (or NAT0) configuration and configure a route. Post the configs if you need help with that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: