cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Once connected using AnyConnect I want to RDP to a computer on the inside of my network (Not working) help

Wan_Whisperer
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have port 3389 blocked on my edge device to the WAN.  I have a ASA on the inside that is only used for AnyConnect.  Is it possible to be on AnyConnect and RDP to a computer inside my network?  Please be detailed on your answer so I can understand why this will not work or how to get it to work.

I am not using split tunneling so all IPs are going over the AnyConnect VPN.

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Add the command "same-security-traffic permit intra-interface" and test again. 

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,
Yes this is possible, once connected to the VPN you can connect to your entire internal network.

Do you already have the ASA setup for remote access? If so is it just rdp that you cannot access or other services?

If just rdp, check the server doesn’t have a local firewall turned on blocking your connection. If you cannot access the internal network check your Nat rules.

Provide your configuration of the ASA if you need further assistance.

HTH

HTH,

I have remote access set up and I can access all other services HTTP,SSH.........just not RDP

Its IP that I am trying to RDP into is XXX.XXX.80.54.  Its a public IP but like I said I block 3389.

My home office we have a site to site VPN and I can RDP to XXX.XXX.80.54 no issue, but not one the AnyConnect.   

This is from the log on my ASA

6 Mar 30 2020 11:31:37 302014 172.21.1.6 51038 XXX.XXX.80.54 3389 Teardown TCP connection 2902403 for Outside:172.21.1.6/51038(LOCAL\jcart) to Outside:XXX.XXX.80.54/3389 duration 0:00:00 bytes 0 Flow is a loopback (XXX)

Thanks,

As it's a public IP address and you are tunnelling all AnyConnect VPN traffic through the ASA and back out you need to all traffic to be routed back out the same interface in came in on with this command:-

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

And a nat rule:-

object network NETWORK_OBJ_172.21.1.0_28
nat (outside,outside) dynamic interface

HTH

It worked with out adding the NAT rule.  Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Add the command "same-security-traffic permit intra-interface" and test again. 

Regards,

Cristian Matei.