Views
Helpful
Replies

Peer ID configuration on Router

True Warrior
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are in the proceed of building a S2S VPN between a ASA and a iOS router. The ISAKMP status sits at MSG6 on my ASA and we verified that the PSK is working fine, we even re-did the tunnel group.

I would want my client to set my isakmp peer ID on his iOS router , I reviewed the link but not sure how to set my peer ID on his VPN tunnel. Any help on this please?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/security/a1/sec-a1-cr-book/sec-cr-c4.html#wp3880782430

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

For IKEv1 use "crypto isakmp identity address/dn/hostname" or "self-identity" command under ISAKMP profile

For IKEv2 you configure "identity local address/dn/e-mail/fqdn" under your IKEv2 profile.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Use this document as a reference for building a S2S between IOS and ASA. Once you made the configuration, see if he tunnel comes up, if not, let us know what the problem is. You should be using IKE ID of IP address, which is the default anyways for PSK authentication, so you don't need to configure the IKE ID manually.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Can you please let me know on how to set a IKE ID manually for a peer?

Hi,

For IKEv1 use "crypto isakmp identity address/dn/hostname" or "self-identity" command under ISAKMP profile

For IKEv2 you configure "identity local address/dn/e-mail/fqdn" under your IKEv2 profile.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: