cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 501 to 3000 VPN Concentrator

wr3500
Level 1
Level 1

I know alot of these configs have been covered here and have read a few today. Here is my dilemna.

We have a VPN concentrator in our GO in Florida. We are setting up a remote contract site in another state. The customer is allowing us to place our PIX 501 on their network (private) and come out to the internet to get back to our VPN concentrator. According to the IT staff at the company we have to pass through a their coporate firewall. We have assigned a private IP address to our internal ethernet and they have assigned another private for us to use on our outside interface on the PIX. The two private IPs are in the 192.168.129.x/24 (Our inside) and 192.168.96.x/26 (Outside provided by customer)

Originally they were supposed to provide us with a Public IP to peer with against our public concentrator IP. They are now unable to do so.

They have provided a possible PAT range of public IP addresses to go against but there is no way to tell what particular IP to peer against. Is it possible to be able to point the VPN concentrator at a range of Public IPs and hope one Peers. I can ping from the PIX outbound to our VPN concentrators public address. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

one way is to configure ezvpn, however, the catch is that the vpn tunnel can only be initiated from the pix not from the concentrator.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

one way is to configure ezvpn, however, the catch is that the vpn tunnel can only be initiated from the pix not from the concentrator.

Thanks. Let me check the feasibility of using EZVPN and see if that will fit.

Thanks for the lead. With a little help from TAC I was able to get this up and running.

it's good to learn that the issue has been resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: