Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515 restricted license issue

calvin.chan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

I wonder like to implement a low utilization and low connection PIX in enterpise network. As we have a class A internal address, but only a few people from various regions will use this firewall. Is there any limitation of restricted license on the # of internal address (eg 25 address, or class C)??

As I know, the checkpoint software license usually use # of IP address to differentiate. I wonder any similar things in PIX.

After searching in cisco.com, I found that it only limits the max # of interface to 3 and doesn't support failover feature. Is anything else?

Please help me to make right decision.

Regards,

Calvin

1 Reply 1

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Howdy,

Only the pix 501, which comes in 10, 50 and unlimited user editions, has hard set user limitations. Just about every other model's limitations are based on its capacity and hardware. Therefore, for your situation, you could look at the 2 interface fixed configuration pix 506e, or the 515e with the restricted license, which supports 3, and the ability to upgrade to the unrestricted license, so you could upgrade to 6 physical ints, 64MB ram, and add a hardware vpn accelerator card