cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515E VPN question

stevezups
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to setup a L2L VPN tunnel between a PIX 515E and and 506E. I have already one tunnel made between the 515E and another 506E. Anyways, on the 515E, when I try to send interesting traffic through to get the other side of the tunnel. The traffic passes through my NAT 0 ACL and not the ACL assigned to the crypto map match address command. Does anyone know why this could be happening?

4 Replies 4

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

steve,

Normally the nat 0 ACL will be the same as the crypto ACL.. any traffic sent across the IPSEC should be no-natted before putting it across the tunnel.. once nat 0 is done, the tunnel tries to come up and if the parameters matches, traffic flows end to end...

Run a debug crypto ipsec / debug crypto isakmp and see the error message... there could be some mismatch in paramters which is not forcing the IPSEC to come up...

Let us know..

Raj

Raj,

Here's the funny thing, when I look at the debug from the 515E the connection connects. I even get an SPI number. But, the 506E shows no debugs and no SPI numbers. It seems like the 515E side makes a tunnel but the 506E side doesn't.

Hi,

Can you post the config?

Hi all,

Actually we fixed the problem but I don't know how. On the 506E we changed the "crypto map name" different to the name on the 515E. Basicly, on the 515E we had a statement "crypto map thunder". On the 506E I changed the "crypto map thunder" to "crypto map remote" and now everything works fine.

What I don't understand is, I thought the crypto map name was only locally significant so you can bind the crypto map statement to an interface. Like "crypto map thunder interface outside". Both 515E and 506E are running PIX OS 6.3(5). Can anyone explain this to me.

Thanks,

Stevan