cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515E

Robert Craig
Level 3
Level 3

I finally got a site to site tunnel established between a PIX 515E and a Linksys BEFVP41. Now, I know the BEFVP41 is a piece of junk and within the next week, it is getting replaced with a RVS4000. However, until that is done, I am stuck with the BEFVP41. What I noticed tonight is when the tunnel between me and the BEFVP41 is up, all internet traffic getting outside of the BEFVP41 LAN comes to a halt. What's even more interesting, is when I have the ASDM up at my end on the PIX, I can see traffic coming from the distant end LAN, through my PIX, and back out. For example, from my DNS server at the distant end, I can see it trying to resolve different hosts. But, apparently it never gets through. I used Remote desktop to get into one of my severs on the distant end and tried a simple ping to a known good DNS server on the internet and couldn't get anything back. It's almost like once I have the tunnel between me and the BEFVP41 up, internet traffic from the distant end trying to get out stops. Anyone ever seen that before?

1 Reply 1

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Based on your description, i understand that the remote end loses internet connectivity when connected to your PIX. Correct me if i am wrong.

Please share the outputs of "show crypto isa sa", "show crypto ipsec sa" from the PIX. Also, please do paste a sanitized config from your PIX.

Thanks and Regards,

Prapanch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: