cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ports on ASA

laurabolda
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4 ports on the ASA 5510.  Port 0 is Outside, Port 1 is inside, Ports 2 and 3 are not in use.

1.  If I configure ports 2 and 3 as Inside interfaces, using the same subnet as port 1 (192.168.100.0), do I connect ports 1, 2, and 3 using cross over cables?  Is there a special configuration that I need to configure so that there is communication between the servers in these ports? 

2.  If I configure ports 2 and 3 as Inside interfaces, would you use the same subnet or different subnets from port 1?

3.  What do people normally use ports 2 and 3?

Let me know if you want to see the current config or need additional information.  Thanks.

16 Replies 16

1) The static NAT statement should be as follows:

static (Dmz,outside) 66.102.7.89 192.168.102.3 netmask  255.255.255.255

2) Split tunnel ACL used to be extended ACL in PIX version 6.3 and below, however, since PIX/ASA version 7.0 and above, you would need to use standard ACL to configure split tunnel. Here is the URL for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/command/reference/s8.html#wp1404816

Hope that answers your questions.

Halijenn,

Thank you very much for your prompt response and information.  Your suggestions work!!!.  You are great!!!  Have a nice day.

Laura

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: