cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(Possibly stupid) Question about ASDM configured PIX-to-PIX VPN

GRANT GATHAGAN
Level 1
Level 1

I have two PIX515's running v7.2(1) and ASDM 5.2(1).

If I use the ASDM's VPN wizard to configure a site-to-site VPN, does that process take care of the need to create split-tunnel settings so that non-VPN outbound traffic from the inside of each PIX is handled correctly ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abdel_n
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By default all VPN client traffic is encrypted and sent to the VPN server, Split tunneling is used for remote vpn client to exempt a particular traffic to be encrypted and tunneled to VPN server so that traffic will be sent in parallel to internet or locally.

When configuring site-to-site this is done intuitively when configuring remote networks from both sides that will communicate together through the IPSec tunnel and all other traffic will be routed out to their destinations without encryption.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

abdel_n
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By default all VPN client traffic is encrypted and sent to the VPN server, Split tunneling is used for remote vpn client to exempt a particular traffic to be encrypted and tunneled to VPN server so that traffic will be sent in parallel to internet or locally.

When configuring site-to-site this is done intuitively when configuring remote networks from both sides that will communicate together through the IPSec tunnel and all other traffic will be routed out to their destinations without encryption.

Thanks Abdel.

I thought as much, but since it wasn't plainly spelled out anywhere , I figured I better check with the experts :).

Consider yourself rated...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: