Views
Helpful
Replies

Post AnyConnect VPN Alert Message

mgstech188
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5510 SSL VPN appliance.

Everytime a user gets authenticated and logs in via the AnyConnect client, they receive the following message post login:

Security policies were applied to your session, access to some resources may be blocked. Your system administrator provided the following information to help you understand and remedy the security conditions:

Then it lists the DAP policies that the user has access to.

What I would like to know is how to edit the post login message. We would like to edit this information and then put in our Corporate VPN message.

I went to Configuration, Remote Access VPN, and then GUI Text and Messages and tried to export the exisiting template, modify with my custom message and then import back in.

When I reconnect to the ASA, the old message still appears.

Please let me know if this is even possible.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MSG,

It's probably under your group policy

Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > Group Policies

Choose your group policy and see if it's under 'Banner'.  If not, check the DfltGrpPolicy if it's set to inherit.

--Jason

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

I removed these by going to Remote Access VPN>Network (Client) Access>Dynamic Access Policies.

Select an access policy and click edit.

There is a field there which says "User Message" Just clear the messages from there.

I upgraded from 8.0 to 9.1 and only had those messages for some DAPs and not others following the upgrade