Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with vpnclient-winx64, v5.0.07.0290-k9, split tunneling

nikolag21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all...

I hope someone can help me with this issue...

I have Windows server 2003 x64 and cisco vpnclient-winx64, ver.5.0.07.0290-k9 installed. VPN end point is Cisco PIX 515e, version 8.0.(4).

I have problems establishing the vpn connection sometimes with error : Reason 442, Failed to enable virtual adapter.

If I try to connect for a second time, it connects without errors. I must use split tunneling so I can reach only 1 host over the Cisco VPN adapter ,all other network traffic is been sent normally, over the unencrypted Ethernet link.

But when Cisco VPN Client is connected, when I do route print in windows, I cannot see this specific route for this host to go over VPN Adapter, so it actually means that the vpn is not working properly. I also cannot see any packet coming in or our vnp on mu PIX.

This problem is only in windows x64, I have several other 32 bit servers configured this way without any problem.

So please, any suggestions, new version of VPN client or some configuration about this problem would be highly appreciated

Regards

1 Reply 1

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So i understand there are 2 issues:

1) when trying to connect the first time you get an error 442.

2) even when connected, route print does not show the split tunnelled routes.

Could you post the config of the PIX and also enable "debug cry isa 127" and "debug cry ips 127" on the PIX.

Also, please post the logs from the VPN client. Please ensure you set all the log settings to high before collecting the logs.

Cheers,

Prapanch