Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems connecting to VPN

MathiasH.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I´ve got the VPN client Version 5.0.07.0440 and a router to which I connect via wlan. Depending on switching the ticks in the "Transport"-section I can connect to my account (in case no ticks in the Transport-section) but I cannot view the relevant pages (saying "no access with this IP") or (clicking on the ticks of the "Enable Transport Tunneling") it fails to connect (Reason 414: failed to establish a TCP connection). Though I don´t think that the former makes sense with the router/wlan...

But although I tried a different Port (suggested by my university), types of network communications methods (UDP, TCP) and alternative products to cisco it doesn´t work at all. In the statistics there are no send or received bytes or En-/Decrypted, ~200 discarded and ~900 bypassed packages.

Managing to set up a connection would save me a lot of time, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Greetings,

Mathias

9 Replies 9

Jitendra Siyag
Level 1
Level 1

hi mathias,

just to make it clear, i will restate the scenario.

you have configured remote vpn on cisco router and are trying to connect to it using cisco vpn client.

and when you connect using "Transport" section, then you are able to connect. but when you connect without "Transport", then you are not able to connect.

however, when you are connected using "Transport", you are not able to access relevant pages.

Please confirm if it is correct. and also can you provide the router configuration to check further.

Hi Jitendra,

First of all, thanks for your answer!

I´m using the cisco vpn client in a remote way only but no router from cisco. My router is from a different company.

"when you connect using "Transport" section, then you are able to  connect. but when you connect without "Transport", then you are not able  to connect." -> It´s actually the opposite: "Transport"-section does NOT work at all (="failed to establish TCP connection") and without the ticks in the Transport-section I cannot access the relevant pages.

Router-configurations:

Gateway: 192.168.2.1

IP: 192.168.2.102

IP and DNS-Server-address obtained automatically

Primary and connection-specific DNS-Suffixes attached

look at this youtube video VPN - Virtual Private Networking elithecomputerguy

Thank you Eoinbarra for your answer, too.

I watched the video, which you refered to, and will check these options as well!

Does the Cisco VPN use "Authentification Header"? If yes, my router has a problem with this configuration.

Btw.  I just noticed that a lot of packages are bypassed... somewhat that´s strange. What do you think?

eoinbarra
Level 1
Level 1

it think it is the rotor try a Cisco compatible rotor check what rotor is compatible with the Cisco vpn server it you have on spare are the packages bening received what do you mean by bypassed

A rotor? You mean something like this?:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/dial/command/reference/dia_d1.html#wp1014955

If yes, now this gets tricky for me, or, if it´s easy and short for you to explain, do you know how to check the "rotor"

The bypassed packages in the "statistics" increases more and more. Just thought this could mean something, if it´s not of interest for you: nevermind.

No offense, but please make use of punctuation marks!

what i mean by a rotor is you broadband rotor that you use to get to the internet

the rotor would work grant for normal use like internet emails ect that is how you test it

when you have a cisco server vpn you have to have a cisco rotor on the other end for it to work it won't work other wise

bypassed packeges means the cisco vpn is working but not bening send probley because of the rotor on the other end

MathiasH.
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I put a lot of effort into this topic the last months, but it didn´t work anyway. I´ll leave it like that: unsolved. I´m fed up with this.

Thanks a lot to all contributors anyway.

As for the administrator:

Please delete me account or tell me to find the right button to do so. Thanks you, too.