Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems uninstalling Cisco Anyconnect 4.4.03034

echdagia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I seem to be experiencing a problem installing/uninstalling Anyconnect. While trying to uninstall 4.4.03034, it still asks for 3.1.03103 (even pointing to the MSI doesn't work out). Same problem with the NAM module...

Thanks!

/dimi

cisco-anyconnect.png

5 Replies 5

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try installing the Anyconnect VPN 4.4 module and uninstalling it again. Usually when you remove the Anyconnect VPN (Core) module, it asks you if you want to remove all components. This should then remove both VPN and NAM together. 

Thanks Rahul for your reply!

I've already tried to uninstall everything / the DART and the Core module (that would be the client) and yes, everything seems to be "gone". After that : even tried to first install the v3.1.03103 client first, update it to 4.4.03034 and tried the NAM after that (also v 4.4.03034) - I always get a message that it needs 3.1.03103.

Had a look with ProcMon but no clues there...

Strange. Are you looking to eventually remove NAM or install/upgrade it successfully on the machine? Try a different version - 4.4.04034 release - and use the setup file to install VPN and NAM component together.

My purpose would be to install the currently "accepted" (by our corp) version of DART/CORE and NAM and bring them to 4.4.04034 (version accepted by our security team). So : version 4.4.04034 is the version I'm currently trying to install - the SETUP tip was a valuable one though and just tried it out (only selected those 3 modules which we need and copied our profile into the Scripts and Profiles directories respectively).
But alas : still no luck :-( Setup completes successfully it seems but the NAM module is nowhere to be found (no services or entry in the application list)

That's odd. Can you run a complete DART bundle after the install? Install errors usually show up in a log file under the NAM folder. If this is seen on all machines, opening a TAC case might be more helpful. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: