cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS over DMVPN - does an NHRP output group map apply to both sides of the tunnel?

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

If I have a hub and spoke DMVPN deployment and the spokes don't really communicate with each other (just the hub site), and I have the following configuration:

HUB Config:

interface tunnel0

nhrp map group SPOKES service-policy output MY_POLICY_MAP

SPOKE Config:

interface tunnel0

nhrp group SPOKES

Does "output" refer to traffic from the hub to the spoke or from the spoke (which registers to the policy map) to the hub?  Usually this is a simple thing to ascertain, but the nature of the spokes "registering" to the hub and getting a policy map that way muddies the water a bit.  Or does the output end up getting applied at both the hub and spoke ends and thus apply in both directions at the same time?  

2 Replies 2

Santhosha Shetty
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

FYI: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/sec_conn_dmvpn/configuration/15-2mt/sec-conn-dmvpn-per-tunnel-qos.html#GUID-182BD32F-56D4-479C-BFEF-B9738291E046

The Qos policy will be applied only on HUB router, henceforth traffic shaping/policing happens for traffic only on hub router..

You can apply different Qos policies based on NHRP group.

HTH

Santhosh

So traffic from the hub to the spoke will be affected by the policy map, but traffic from the spoke to the hub will not be affected?