cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN with RV220W

mike.jutras
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured the RV220W based on the user guide (which doesn't say much), created IPsec User and installed QuickVPN 1.4.1.2 on a remote computer. I launched the application filled out the login info and it connects but what's next?

I can not ping any IP from the LAN attached to the remote router nor map any shared devices.

I was hoping after a succesful connection to see my local IP address change to the one from the LAN I am remotely connected to...

What's missing?

Mike

4 Replies 4

mike.jutras
Level 1
Level 1

Further debuging, I am able to ping other IP adresses on the LAN segment but not that particular one from the remote client.

If I login to te remote admin, using the Diagnostics I can ping that address, also if I check the box "Ping Through VPN Tunnel".

Why would I not be able to ping just that one IP from the remote client?

Mistery!

From the Remote Admin GUI if I display the LAN hosts list I can see about 20 IPs many of those are printers and others are computers. When I connect QuickVPN from the remote client I can only ping 3 of those addresses and one of which is a second NIC within a computer for which I can not ping its first NIC.

Any idea? anyone?

Mike

So many views and no response... maybe I am not explaining clearly my issue, I will try again:

See bellow for infrastructure. When using QuickVPN from remote client (tried Windows 7 SP1 and Windows XP Pro SP3 with same results) I get connected and I can ping succesfully only 3 IPs on LAN-A from the client; 10.0.0.20 (rv220W) a UPS management NIC and the server management NIC. I cannot ping any printers, PC or server. From the Remote Admin "Status" Menu looking at "Available LAN Hosts" I can see all printers, PCs and Servers.

Looking at the Client QuickVPN log I see "Failed to ping remote VPN Router" (2 lines) although I can ping it manually.

I have no Firewall rules on the RV220W, I have tried SSL VPN and I get the exact same results (can only ping the same 3 IPs)

Help!

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi mike

You may want to move or repost this question in the small business security forum, which is more appropriate for discussions about this line of products

hth

Herbert

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: