cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"AnyConnect is not enabled on the VPN server" , AnyConnect with Radius validation

Carsten Madsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am having problems getting AnyConnect to work no a new AnyConnect installation. I have set up AnyConnect with Radius validation a number of times, without any issues - its usually quite easy :)

Anyway, this time I am having problems. If I use local auth for the AnyConnect connection profil, the connection will establish - no problems there. If I use an existing IAS/Radius validation server (MS2003) for authentication, I get the "AnyConnect is not enabled on the VPN server" message. The IAS/Radius server can handle auth requests just fine - there is an existing Cisco SW VPN working on the ASA. The ASA aversion is 8.6.

I have read all threads found with google for "AnyConnect is not enabled on the VPN server", but none describe a solution for my particular problem. It seems to me that the msg  "AnyConnect is not enabled on the VPN server" covers a range of problems.

So, the question is - why am I getting the error msg "AnyConnect is not enabled on the VPN server" ? I am guessing it could be a problem with the validator - the radius server, but what throws me off is that "the VPN server" is the ASA (right?). Also, any problem on the radius server, would be unlikely to throw a message like "AnyConnect is not enabled..."

One thing to note is that there is no AnyConnect license on the device atm - that shouldnt be a problem though - using local authentication AnyConnect is working as it should.

I hope you guys can help me out with this problem. Thanks

\Christian

1 Reply 1

pjain2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

please attach the running config from the ASA and the dart logs when you try to connect to the ASA through anyconnect client