Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

"Connection attempt has timed out. Please verify Internet connectivity."

I am using AnyConnect 4.6.01103 on Windows for the first time, but I receive that message, so I am unable to connect to the VPN. 

What should I do to fix it?

Thanks

Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: "Connection attempt has timed out. Please verify Internet connectivity."

Do you have a valid Internet/network connection?  (ie have a valid IP address, can ping the local gateway, and get to the Internet, etc)

Check also the VPN server address you are trying to connect to is correct in the AnyConnect window.

If you are unsure what you are trying to connect as, you can check the Server List section of the AnyConnect VPN client profile .xml to view the hostname and IP address.

On a Windows machine it is probably under something like example: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\AnyConnect\Profile\myprofile.xml

On a Mac, try looking for an /opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile/ folder with vpn profile .xml inside.

Hope that helps!

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Coolbreeze

Thank you for your answer.

I've checked the Internet/network connection and it's valid 

How can I check the following? -> Check also the VPN server address you are trying to connect to is correct in the AnyConnect window.

If you are unsure what you are trying to connect as, you can check the Server List section of the AnyConnect VPN client profile .xml to view the hostname and IP address.

Attached a screenshot of a diagnosis I've run. The network seems all right, but it's not able to connect to the IP in question...

Thank you for your help

Highlighted
Beginner

So ironically I experienced this error myself over the weekend.

However, in my situation, I was unable to reach our VPN server due to our carrier experiencing a circuit outage / fiber cut.  So the specific server itself I was pointing to was unreachable.

Are you able to confirm other end users are able to VPN to the inside network successfully using the same server you are?

To verify your address - when you first launch AnyConnect a window pops up with a "Connect" button.  Next to the left of the connect button is like a dropdown box with a group name, hostname or IP address.

You can also check in C:\ProgramData\Cisco\AnyConnect\Profile\ in a Windows explorer box to see if you  can find some sort of xml profile file.  Look under Server List inside of the xml.

Adding picture of basic AnyConnect client connection box.

ciscoanyconnect.PNG

Highlighted
Beginner

can anybody help me out

Highlighted
Beginner

Screenshot (1).png