cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Connection attempt has timed out. Please verify Internet connectivity."

paties
Level 1
Level 1
I am using AnyConnect 4.6.01103 on Windows for the first time, but I receive that message, so I am unable to connect to the VPN. 

What should I do to fix it?

Thanks

14 Replies 14

coolbreeze
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have a valid Internet/network connection?  (ie have a valid IP address, can ping the local gateway, and get to the Internet, etc)

Check also the VPN server address you are trying to connect to is correct in the AnyConnect window.

If you are unsure what you are trying to connect as, you can check the Server List section of the AnyConnect VPN client profile .xml to view the hostname and IP address.

On a Windows machine it is probably under something like example: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\AnyConnect\Profile\myprofile.xml

On a Mac, try looking for an /opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile/ folder with vpn profile .xml inside.

Hope that helps!

Hi Coolbreeze

Thank you for your answer.

I've checked the Internet/network connection and it's valid 

How can I check the following? -> Check also the VPN server address you are trying to connect to is correct in the AnyConnect window.

If you are unsure what you are trying to connect as, you can check the Server List section of the AnyConnect VPN client profile .xml to view the hostname and IP address.

Attached a screenshot of a diagnosis I've run. The network seems all right, but it's not able to connect to the IP in question...

Thank you for your help

So ironically I experienced this error myself over the weekend.

However, in my situation, I was unable to reach our VPN server due to our carrier experiencing a circuit outage / fiber cut.  So the specific server itself I was pointing to was unreachable.

Are you able to confirm other end users are able to VPN to the inside network successfully using the same server you are?

To verify your address - when you first launch AnyConnect a window pops up with a "Connect" button.  Next to the left of the connect button is like a dropdown box with a group name, hostname or IP address.

You can also check in C:\ProgramData\Cisco\AnyConnect\Profile\ in a Windows explorer box to see if you  can find some sort of xml profile file.  Look under Server List inside of the xml.

Adding picture of basic AnyConnect client connection box.

ciscoanyconnect.PNG

jinomathewmj
Level 1
Level 1

can anybody help me out

ABCPhung
Level 1
Level 1

Screenshot (1).png

I am having the same issue using an Urban 4G MIFI router, Model 2. 
I am able to access the internet.

DanielSz
Level 1
Level 1

Hey
I had no problem with my AnyConnect, and then at some point this had occurred suddenly. For me the the solution was just simple restarting my laptop, and that solved the error. 
Cheers
DanielSz

remankala
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Were you able to resolve this issue? 

I have the same issue and same error with my work laptop. I had my laptop replaced with a new one as well. Still does not work. 

Thank you 

RupeshRanjan
Level 1
Level 1

Have you or anybody got the solution .

Please mail me at  rupesh.ranjan@outlook.in

Dear ALL 
can each one specify 
PC OS with it ver 
Any connect Ver 
Wired or wireless 

we will ALL open life discussion for these issue.
Thanks ALL

PPPO-Pad
Level 1
Level 1

We started seeing the same issues about 2 weeks ago.  We have a number of users that when attempting to connect, receive a message that says, "Connection attempt has timed out. Please verify Internet connectivity."  All users have verified that they are connected to the Internet and have tried from multiple Internet connections.

When they are making the connection attempts I can see them hitting the headend of the firewall, but ultimately it fails.  We have wiped the laptops, removed user profiles, removed/reinstalled AnyConnect, but nothing seems to work for the affected users.  In fact it started happening to me today.  Any thoughts on what may be going on?  It is very random, but it seems to be affecting more users every week.  Please note, they are doing this from the Start Before Logon module.

beriksain
Level 1
Level 1

Have same issue... Anybody have solution? We also have a number of users that when attempting to connect, receive a message that says, "Connection attempt has timed out. Please verify Internet connectivity." it's begin 2 days ago

Bro,  fro my case i got the same.

And its finally solved.

The issue was i have added verification using Microsoft authenticator but that app was not installed in my cellphone.

Then i downloaded the app Microsoft authenticator and its solved.

Suggestion:

You can either install  Microsoft authenticator  in your cellphone and authenticate using that 

or

You can delete Microsoft  authentication method.

narek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @paties,

I was having the same problem. The fix was easy for me, though it took me a while to figure out.

I am using Two-Factor Authentication with an app called Okta Verify. I used to get a message from this app every time I logged in to AnyConnect. It was like a pop-up message from the app that had two buttons:

1."Yes, It's Me" 

2. "No, It's Not Me"

And if you do not answer this message within 10 seconds or so, AnyConnect will time out the connection attempt.

But this time I wasn't getting the message on my screen, and assumed there is no message. I opened up the app, and then connected to the VPN with AnyConnect. And the message popped up on Okta Verify.

Put short, everything was working except for the pop-up message from Okta Verify, and I had to open the app to see the message, rather than have the app show the message on my screen. So the message was there all the time, I just had to open the app to see. 

Hope that helps, it was such a waste of time for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: