cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"No policy server detected" on home network

Mahsa52604
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. For the love of anything, please help me.

My VPN connects fine when using any network except for my network at home. The error message is "No policy server detected." Things I have already tried:

• Port forwarding 
  • DMZ
  • Connecting over WiFi and via ethernet cable
  • Resetting my network to scratch, twice
  • Running & updating the security software every time (Symantec)
  • IP release/renewal
  • Acceptance (does not work in the COVID-19 reality)

I have been experiencing the same AnyConnect error since I first got my token in October 2019. Again, I have no issues connecting over any other network (several mobile hotspots and public networks). Hotspot has been helpful for emergency items, but it is obviously not sustainable or cost-effective. 

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy to provide screenshots or log info.

cac1.PNG

5 Replies 5

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

In the ISE posture profile, do you have any of the "Discovery Host", "Server Name Rules", or "Call Home List" settings defined?

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Hi,

The Server Name Rules is populated. Discovery Host is not in use, and Call Home List is not in the xml at all.

ise.PNG

Hi,

What exact version of AC are you running?What do you see in the AC logs?

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

4.0.00048 - The exact message in the system scan log is "no policy server detected."

was there ever a resolution to this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: