Views
Helpful
Replies

"Prelogin policy" missing

vamos_fernholz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just installed Secure Desktzop manager v4.3.03086.0 on my ASA 5512 running ASDM 7.6(2)150. The Secure Desktop Manager tree appears in Remote Acces VPN configuration, but the is no "Prelogin policy" menu as mentioned in the manuals. What am I missing here? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

JP Miranda Z
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi vamos_fernholz,

The prelogin policy was deprecated on AnyConnect 4.x, seems like this feature may come back at some point but for now if you move to AnyConnect 4 the feature is not gonna be available.

Note

Pre-login assessment and returning certificate information is not available. HostScan is not an authentication method; it simply checks to verify what exists on the device attempting to connect.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect43/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-3/configure-posture.html

Hope this info helps!!

Rate if helps you!!

-JP-

Ok, I got that - but how do I configure the pre-login check for antivirus software? I got Advanced Endpoint Assessment v.3.6 which I configured to check for our antivirus software. The checks are performed but connection is allowed even if antivirus software isn't installed.

vamos_fernholz,

I will check the DefaultDAP policy and make sure the Action is set as terminate so if you are not hitting any valid DAP the connection is going to fail.

Hope this info helps!!

Rate if helps you!! 

-JP-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: